04 February 2019

Winds and Thoughts


A cold wind slips off the grey clouds
Spinning, gliding, dancing down to me
Bundled in layers of wool and scarf.
The cold swirls around me, halted.
Yet I still smile, as the season comes
To appreciate the warmth of a blanket,
Or a cup of hot tea after being outside.
A time of grey-expansed skies
And the cosiness of the indoors
Strike me as some glories of creation
A magical time of imagination
That can spin, glide, and dance
Around in my head all winter long. 


Oh how I love the cold days when they do arrive here, and stick around. I might freeze a tad in my old home with wood floors and single-pane windows, but I don't care. The season of winter should be cold and monochrome. We should all wear jackets. May we all feel the warmth of God's presence in our hearts to remind us of His love that never freezes. He is unchanging, unlike the seasons. I have needed this reminder lately. While our surroundings may change, and the people on our lives may change, our Lord is changeless. His love was the same in 900 as it is today, as it will be in 2300.

No comments:

Post a Comment