I end the year in a spirit of celebration with a mixture of exhaustion and anticipation of good things to come in this approaching new year. Challenges, for sure, but ones that help me to grow into a better person, employee, and writer.
I seek so much for this coming year, and I remain full with thanks for what has already happened. I would not be who I am today if it were not for these challenging days/weeks/months of 2015. Both personally and professionally. And for those who have encouraged me, I am deeply thankful for you.
Looking back on a year in reflection causes me to recall several things I have learned. Some bits of wisdom I have come to know more deeply this year. Amongst them being the following.
- Look on each new day as a new page. Remember that is full of endless potential.
- A challenge is going to stretch you beyond what you thought you could take. But you took it.
- You never know who God is going to bring into your life. There is usually a good reason.
- Stress you put on yourself is only going to be felt by you.
- Don't forget to take time out for tea/coffee and reflections each day. It is the act of slowing down to enjoy that is important.
- Usually a really rough day is following by a day so delightfully and unpredictably sweet.
- When you give your all, it will be evident.
- When you can let things go, life looks so much brighter.
- If you feel so weighed down and sure that you will fail, keep going. Go on anyway.
- When you come upon a struggle in yourself, pray.
- When you want something, pray.
- When you need something, pray.
- When you think you are the only one, you are not.
- Blank pages are the best. You get to fill them.
Get ready for the new set of blank pages in a new year. I am eager and look expectantly toward that goodness that is to come.