09 December 2015

O to Read!


O to read!
It is a delight! Something I have missed so dearly.

Yesterday, I took the final part of the securities licensing exam, which means that I have been in full-on study mode for several weeks (months really) and haven't read more than a few pages in my books at a time because studying has taken precedence. I am one of those serious studious types that uses all free time to read and practice, because I have to and because I want to understand it. If I could remember and apply everything so easily I wouldn't study so much, but I also do not allow any room for failing, so the pressure is there. Surely that is my own doing.

But lo and behold- I passed my exam! So, I am free to dive into my books again, so long neglected!
I rejoice and give God all glory for getting me through it.

As I was prepping and growing nervous of the impending exam, I fell across these verses. It never is just falling across certain verses, though. I believe God helps direct us to words that bring us reminders and also comfort, and are applicable to certain situations.

For you, O God, have tested us;
you have tried us as silver is tried.
You have brought us into the net;
you laid a crushing burden on your backs;
you let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and through water;
yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance.

- Psalm 66.10-12


I let these words dwell in me. It is not that we should not go through struggles. We do go through them and that is where God meets us to bring us all the way through to a better place. We stay true and trusting of God. We lean on Him for wisdom, understanding, and strength. The comfort in knowing that through all the trials and testing, God brings us out on the other side to a place of abundance.

Grace abounding.
Love surrounding.

As I got home after passing the exam, this new book was waiting in my mailbox. And that's one of the first things I did, was read a few chapters in this book, with great enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment