28 December 2015

Slowing Down







It was the days after Christmas and all through my home
The candles were burning; I was reading quietly, alone.


Here I have been, on these fog-laden humid mornings and afternoons. Here is where I have been slowing down. Here is where I would like to stay for awhile. Reveling in the quiet and the peaceful. The hours of reading or the hours of just spending time with family. The comfortable, cosy feelings that surround Christmas. 

These days are spent without agendas. Not much happens. Just enjoyment of company. Yet, somehow the days fly by. Time seems to separate from the norm and goes too quickly. All too soon it is back to the usual daily schedule. But shhh, not quite yet. 

The sky is close, and grey. Darkness covers the mornings in fog, and I don't mind one bit. The drive over to visit with family is a different landscape with fog, and I look at the lake that has disappeared as if I am looking at it for the first time. Wonder fills me.

At home, I am engrossed in this new book I got for Christmas, and I cannot put it down, it is so intriguing and mysterious. I will most certainly write about it more as I digest the immense amount of clues and mystery.

If you re having quiet, slow days, take them in. Breathe deeply and cherish the time. Because all too soon the real life tasks will creep in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment