31 December 2015

Reflections on a Year



2015.

I end the year in a spirit of celebration with a mixture of exhaustion and anticipation of good things to come in this approaching new year. Challenges, for sure, but ones that help me to grow into a better person, employee, and writer.


I seek so much for this coming year, and I remain full with thanks for what has already happened. I would not be who I am today if it were not for these challenging days/weeks/months of 2015. Both personally and professionally. And for those who have encouraged me, I am deeply thankful for you.


Looking back on a year in reflection causes me to recall several things I have learned. Some bits of wisdom I have come to know more deeply this year.  Amongst them being the following. 

- Look on each new day as a new page. Remember that is full of endless potential.

- A challenge is going to stretch you beyond what you thought you could take. But you took it.


- You never know who God is going to bring into your life. There is usually a good reason.

- Stress you put on yourself is only going to be felt by you.

- Don't forget to take time out for tea/coffee and reflections each day. It is the act of slowing down to enjoy that is important.

- Usually a really rough day is following by a day so delightfully and unpredictably sweet.

- When you give your all, it will be evident.

- When you can let things go, life looks so much brighter.

- If you feel so weighed down and sure that you will fail, keep going. Go on anyway.

- When you come upon a struggle in yourself, pray.

- When you want something, pray.

- When you need something, pray.

- When you think you are the only one, you are not.

- Blank pages are the best. You get to fill them.

Get ready for the new set of blank pages in a new year. I am eager and look expectantly toward that goodness that is to come.

Hello 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment