25 December 2015

Happy Christmas!






Be merry.
Joy to the world!
Christ - In whom all things hold together.

Merry Christmas!

I am deeply thankful for all the people in my life who make my days sweeter. Those who love me for who I am, and appreciate me. I value them so deeply. Specifically at this time of year, I always think about that because we spend time with each other, buy gifts, write cards, and do special things for each other. I love doing all these things for those in my life, even though I do not like shopping very much. It brings me joy to do things for those I care for so deeply. That is what I love doing, not out of any obligation, but because I want to show I care.

Don't you feel that way? Like you want to shower your loved ones with ways of saying "I wanted to do this for you" or "I wanted to get you this wonderful gift because I care for you".


Now multiply that by an exponential number and that's what God did for us. He sent a gift down to earth, in Christ. An infant wrapped in cloth and visited by lowly shepherds first. He loves us so much that He wanted to shower us with a gift so wonderful we could never produce such a thing. A gift that would do something for us that we can never do for ourselves. Take our sins and wash us clean by taking the punishment we deserve. All of that begins with the baby boy born on Christmas.


Christmas is so wonderful because it is something we never could replicate. It is something so mysterious. So full of wonder and so beautiful. Enjoy it with loved ones, and remember that the whole reason we give gifts is because God gave us a gift. A gift of hope and promise, packaged up in a baby born in Bethlehem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment