20 January 2024

The Edge of Moments

 




We are always teetering on the edge of a moment. We approach it, sometimes unaware of it until we are right at the edge of it. It could be why we can so often feel like something is about to happen and then it does. Sometimes it's the unknown that sneaks up, or it could be the almost known, as possibly expected.

I clammer in my mind to make sense of such a paucity. The thing small which catches me, makes me pause and stand at the edge there considering. A tacit moment.

In these quiet moments that will provide a space and draw me in - it almost says more than a speech could contain. Listening in the silence is key.

I would contain the notion that we stare into the potential as we move forward sometimes not actually seeing. Taking a breath to notice it causes me to conciliate instead of feel frenzied. Sometimes all I need when the world is cluttered around me demanding every fibre of me, is to pause and step back to see ahead of me. It can quickly shift to something beautiful with a change of perspective.

They are gifts, each one. These moments can speed by; they don't necessarily pause for you, especially if you don't pause for them. Like the sunset sky always changing every second, the daily ritual of time is nonstop. It doesn't rest to let you rest. You must take the time and use it for these moments. Allow yourself to be drawn into the present. We stand at the brink of it, though, something...

No comments:

Post a Comment