26 July 2012

Mushy Feelings About Summer

I am trying to cultivate a feeling of appreciation for every season because just like life, each season has its purpose and we are in it for a reason. It's easy for me to find things I love about Autumn, Winter, and Spring. But Summer doesn't strike me with instant joy because I don't like heat and humidity. If you have met me, you know that I am a misplaced northerner. One who loves being in the chilly air.
So, my list of loves might be shorter than yours, but here we go....

Things I love about Summer:

a refreshing rain on a hot day, lush green grass, banana ice cream with dark chocolate chips, the coolness left behind after a nighttime rain, the smell of rain, gelato, sunnies, arugula salad, crepe myrtles bloomed in bright shades of pink and yellow, passion tea lemonade, long drives, juicy apples, big puffy clouds, orange sunsets, soft rain as you go to sleep, iced soy chai latte, ice water with lemon or lime, reading in a coffee shop, air conditioning, road trips, BBQ, fluttery dresses, crushed ice, confederate jasmine and the scent of these tiny flowers, sandals with ankle straps, yogurt parfaits, concerts, lightning bugs, afternoon storms, watermelon, salty ocean breeze, walks in the evening

What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment