23 July 2012

Wake Up From Sleep

It's Monday....and that means groggy thoughts from a girl who is trying to get a grip on the joy revealed in every day. A speculative soul who is learning to let go. The longing rises with each morning as I snuggle in my cozy bed for a few minutes after my alarm goes off. Softly the thoughts and dreams stream into my head as they awaken with my muscles. Just in a temporary dose, they were. As I venture to my closet and pull a top from a hanger and grab a skirt, I muse about the dreams I might have had, if I can remember any of them.

I hear words and lines of potential poetry in my head but I can't quite focus on making them form into something cohesive enough to write down.
Distractions have already begun and I have been awake a mere 3 minutes.
There aren't any sounds to distract me yet. The morning light comes into my bedroom slowly. Still dim, but rising.
My distractions are of myself.

I pick up my Bible and read the next chapter in Romans. It is about submitting to authority, mostly in regards to the government, because it all is instituted by God. At a closer level, a work level, this also fits.Which makes me pause.
Pay attention. These are things I need to work on. Everything I do should be for the glory of God. If it's not, I need to work on that.

"Wake up from sleep", says the writer of Romans. And that is more than just getting a cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment