07 July 2017

Pretty City Lakeland






Midsummer.
In these heat-drenched summer months, I spend less time outside. The air is so thick with humidity. When I take short excursions to venture outside, I am always astonished how plants and flowers can flourish in this most intense time of year. The beating heat of the sun is unrelenting. How are they not burnt and drooping from such heaviness?

They are, instead, flourishing and vibrantly alive. I like to head outside, but it is so hard to enjoy it for long. I wasn't made for this weather, but some things were.

I collect images of such beauty that somehow grows under such circumstances because I want to remember that each season has its purpose, and while it might not be ideal to some, it is nourishment to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment