15 March 2018

Travel Log - Adventuring


"Why are you always preparing, just go!"


Journey

We climb higher, through moody mist and fog,
Higher and higher, through coconut coloured clouds

And suddenly we are above the whirling world,
Over the clouds, the roadways of the sky.
A journey of cramped hours takes us
Across an expansive ocean.

It still baffles and excites me, simultaneously.
I read most of a book as I travel across the sky.
I know the land where I will arrive
Was formed by fire and ice.

As each land ages it has stories
Tucked into every nook.
I'd like to discover them along the way,
Stepping into the story myself.
New memories of a place ancient, yet new, 

Falling in cascades from every step
In a foreign land.

I am on my way to Iceland, Scotland, and England, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment