25 June 2018

Reykjavík - Side Streets













Something I loved about Reykjavík, Iceland was that all the side streets were just as charming as the couple of main streets (filled with shops and restaurants). Just taking a side street at random kept my eyes always alert to the brightly coloured houses and interesting details. I thought I would share a few of those photos I haven't shared yet, since they were just random photos taken as we wandered the northernmost capital city in the world.

Iceland has very dark winters, so they tend to paint their buildings bright colours, and street art is everywhere to showcase creativity. It was such fun to experience another country's culture just by walking around. I always think the best way to see a city, and get to know it, is to walk it. I was pleasantly surprised how walkable Reykjavík was. I hope to go back someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment