30 September 2014

Hearing and Doing


Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

- Matthew 7.24


A morning prayer of stillness and quiet thankfulness for all that I am and all that I have, Lord. Help me seek always in hearing Your words in my head and heart and do Your words in my everyday actions. Let the love that dwells in my heart be real and personal. Part of my every moment.

By hearing and doing, let Your will be done through me. Make me an instrument of Your purpose, and help me feel full and satisfied with what I have been given, with overflowing joy of Your love in my heart. May I always keep a constant acknowledgement of Your presence.

Sometimes I cannot see clearly through my own wretchedness and pit of despair, Lord, but it is my own doing, so guide me back to the ever-present light. Let my life be led by this thought of G.K. Chesterton:

Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.




Let me live, Lord, as if I cannot stop thinking about You. I seek to define the adventure of life as a travel experience with Your love along every step. Help me see Your fingerprint on every moment and set my sights on You and not the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment