11 March 2021

Spring Like Dreams

 


I tuck my spring like dreams into the snow-like pages of my journal with words hinting at distance in them. Places not seen in a time and a longing to be able to go there. Wonder in words, but not discontented notions. Just dreamlike inklings of a day some time off, into a world changed by the last year, and yet so alive with the wonder and loveliness of creation. 

The last year has kept me tucked away in my tiny home, away from all my favourite travels. I reflect in thanks for those days past and continue to dream, but stay rooted in the blessing of where I am in my cosy home, surrounded by books and gentle reminders of all the good we have in the everyday. This right here is also a dream. A lovely place to be.

It is pouring now. Sky open, gushing rain like it hasn't rained in months. Cleansing, heavy rain from the dense grey sky. Clouds of moisture and swirling weather. I am quietly eating my porridge and reading Psalm 86 when it comes swiftly - the darkened sky coming over my home causing my natural light to dim dramatically. I do not use overhead lights, so I am usually running by the light of nature coming into my home through sheer curtains. The atmosphere turns cosy - the suddenly desire to curl up with a book and blanket sweeps over me. Yes, rain, you are lovely. 

The petal carpets are all soaked and flattened into the ground now. Such as the spring like weather brings. Outside in nature, you are at the mercy of nature. We humans are so used to having the sense of wanting control over everything, but nature does not really allow that. So even we are at the mercy of nature in many ways. We cannot control the weather, thank goodness, but what if we could? Would it be used for good or ill? Anytime we have control or power over something, the risk is always there to use selfishly and for destruction. 

We were made for good, and to do good, and yet so often what we do is not good. But do we stop doing anything with the possibility of using it for ill just because it is possible? That's a risk, too. Opening up to the possibility of good also opens us the possibility for ill. We try to do our best, to do good as we can. And there is always risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment