05 September 2017

Wisdom From Above


My mind is more at ease,
my heart is more at rest.
A bird calls to greet the day,
puffing up his chest.

I gather leaves that scattered,

when my heart felt scared and weak,
infusing truth and honesty,
through every moment, seek.

What of the wisdom from above?

First, it is pure, then peaceful, gentle, obedient, filled with mercy and good actions, fair, and genuine.
- James 3.17

Oh, that eternal perspective. It is hard to maintain because our own selfish needs/wants kick in so automatically, but it is essential. I cannot hold onto joy without it. I cannot hope with my heart at ease without it. I grow weary without it.

These kinds of qualities help lead me to that hopeful eternal perspective, even if I am not fully present there yet. I can at least get there with my actions and words, then my heart will surely follow. Maintaining the obedience in faith. 

Suddenly, I feel uplifted as I dust and vacuum. Sometimes it is in doing the simplest of things that my heart finally gets there, catching up to the trust I had already been harboring. It lingers with me, and I don't wonder why. I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment