24 April 2019

Poems of Oxford 11



Turl Street Grey

Grey sky comfort in a cappuccino
Sitting on an old wooden chair
on creaking wooden floors.
Tall windows let in the 

fresh morning light, perfectly
cast for reading.
Foamy coffee enlightening my

morning fog, waking up my
imagination to Oxford.
Sandy coloured colleges
line the street, which look
more beautiful under a grey sky.
Keeping warm in the front room,
looking out to the cold Turl Street.
I smile, and write, sip and sigh.
This kind of day is perfectly
Oxford, you know.





Oxford Morn

Cold, brisk Oxford morn.
My thick, wooly jumper
keeps me warm.
As well as frequent cappuccinos
I sit at wooden tables
wide wooden floorboards underneath.
Students tap away on laptops
I dash words on these pages
I embrace all the old - 
books, libraries, history
Here in Spring so cold to me, 
it all warms me up.
My heart flutters in thanks
for all the love that sinks
deeply into Oxford

No comments:

Post a Comment