26 August 2013

A Little Bit of Disney World


Last week I took a day off to hang out with my closest friend, Jen, who was in Orlando for the week. If you know me, you know that I am not a Disney girl. I do not enjoy the crowds or the lines or the screaming kids or the tourists. It's not really my thing. However, for the sake of a little one, in this case Jen's daughter who is 2 1/2, I will do a little bit of Disney.

We decided to do the fun and free way of Disney. That means we paid for parking at the Contemporary Hotel, and rode the Monorail around the loop, which was so exciting to Liliana. We had lunch in the Contemporary Hotel, which is open in the center, and the Monorail comes through the building. So as we sat at our table eating our Disney food and wiping our fingers with Disney napkins, the Monorail came through many times, which of course is a big deal for a 2 year old! We then rode the boat several times, stopping at the Lodge Hotel and then a longer boat ride onto Fort Wilderness.

This was a good way to experience Disney. No crowds. No lines. We had the boats to ourselves. We had the Monorail car to ourselves. And not many people were hanging around the hotels. A first time success for Liliana's first visit to Disney. A good day, all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment