25 April 2018

Paperback Pockets


This is the second poem from a poetry writing session a few weeks ago at the library. Celebrate national poetry month by writing a poem!

This is a 'found' poem, taken from a page in Space Odyssey. The idea of a found poem is that you pull words from anything (a page in a book, a magazine, an advertisement) and create a poem using those words, tweaking if you want to. I have never really explored found poems, and it sparked my imagination and was fun to write. It is kind of like a word search, pieced together into a poem. I love space and exploring, so that could be why this was even more interesting to me.

Paperback Pockets

Here is a challenge with lots of pockets.
I am going to Mars in the back of my mind.
Travelling through black for breakfast;
coming in through the door of a paperback book.
It's a long day in the biting cold.
During the expedition, I flip across the mountains,
and wonder about their experiences.
It's all about perspective.
A few pages about the dragon is now in its orbit.
We can see its light blinking in isolation.
I feel safe within the corridor, but will
I sleep tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment