25 February 2019

Rain and Rose Chai


The rain drizzles steadily
and I dash between the droplets
of heavy water falling.
Donning my favourite rain coat
a deep blue of warmth and a shield
from the damp skies coming low.
Today, the grey clouds take a trip
down to the ground to visit,
calling for a cup of rose chai
to make this morning even sweeter
than it already is.
A hot scent of rose and spices linger
with each sip. A smooth comfort
on a wet, chilled day.


I always love a good, grey day, and I know I am in the minority. But to me, a grey-cast sky adds a cosiness to the indoors, an atmosphere that fosters thoughtfulness and musing. The perfect weather for reading along with a companion of a cup of tea or coffee. Add rain to the mix, and it's even better. Especially a steady, light rain that doesn't soak you, but that reminds us that God blesses us continuously, even when we don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment