04 September 2020

Selador - Second Book Title Revealed!



At last! You've been waiting so, as promised, I am revealing the title of my second book from the realm of Selador.

Selador: The Secret Paths

This is a novel length book, 225 pages and the size is the next step bigger (5 x 8). To compare, Selador: The Book of Time was 135 pages, but a mini sized book (4 x 6). So, it would be considered a novella.

In this second part, the story goes deeper. We get to know the characters you enjoyed (and new characters!) and their backgrounds.  Part of our discovery is learning what makes them who they are. And it is a fascinating journey.

Here are just a few of my favourite things about this book:

- Characters

What characters were you curious about and wish you knew more about? For myself, I wanted to know more about Master Nolan, and why he knows so much. It seemed rather strange, right? I wanted to know about Nella's history, and why she ended up in the tunnel, and why she was meant to be the writer of the realm, and where that stemmed from.

What about you? Were you curious for more on the history of Master Louver, or Tive?

- Setting

The village in the treetops is an enchanted place full of nature's beauty and elegant staircases with glowing lanterns; I am not sure why anyone would want to leave (I wish I could live there), but there is more to the realm, which may not be quite so pleasant as the lovely treetops. And we are going to have to venture there. Sometimes we have to venture through the dark places, but we are never alone. I hope that there is a message through this book of that truth.

- Truths

It is amazing how the story develops as the characters make choices, and through their journeys we get to glimpse into some telling truths, which reveals to them something they needed, and perhaps can tell us something about ourselves too as we place ourselves in the story.

Stay tuned for more news about it and when it will be released on Amazon. I am in the proofing and editing stage (with my hard copy!) - I will keep you posted here!

No comments:

Post a Comment