14 May 2021

Ode to the Coffee Shop

 


I sat in my neighborhood coffee shop for the first time in over a year to enjoy my latte and write as I used to do on a weekly basis. I usually go in just to pick up coffee, but I have so deeply missed sitting there to drink and write. Real ceramic cups were still not being used, but I finally got a tiny sense of the way it used to be. Naturally a poem unfolded in appreciation of coffee shops.


Ode to the Coffee Shop

The simple nature of a semi-social space -

Chairs and tables sit lingering guests

Sipping hot lavender lattes in a place

set-up with vibes minimal, trendy, and cool,

I likely don't belong, and yet we all do.

The beauty of a coffee shop is a rule

unspoken, that all belong here and now.

If you have a love for coffee and tea

place your order, sip, and wonder how

they make a drink so keen, it makes

you desire to linger, like a cosy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment