27 May 2021

Eventide

 


The sun is setting later each night. It is a slow burn turning orange as it descends from our viewpoint. Even as the sun sets, it stays bright with lingering light for such a long time. I can sit at my desk with a cup of tea and drink two cups before the rays diminish. Long summer days awaken in us a new sense of reality over the hottest months of the year. Trees have burst forth with the greenest leaves. I feel the shift in the air and it invokes a mellow vibe in me; something causes me to linger in thought - maybe it is the extra light. But the eventide falls and the words flow on a particularly windy evening. For now, the evenings have been dry and dusty, allowing a coolness to seep into the strong breezes.


Eventide

A wistful glow dances through leaves

Basking in the refreshing air, I seize

A breath where heart and soul choose a place

Here in the quiet melancholy of grace.

The softness of the air and light

Fills me with an atmospheric delight.

I am in the space between the trees,

Letting a subtle moment fill my needs.

If you look for me, I shall be here,

In my mind, letting in a breezy clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment