04 May 2021

Take us to the Cosmos

 











Do you ever look up at the sky in wonder? Do you ponder what is out there beyond our telescopes? We humans are naturally inquisitive and we want to know more. Always seeking to discover and explore, if we set our sights into the imagination, there are no bounds. We can reach the other side of the universe to visit strange galaxies and planets. 

It amazes me that even all of the distant nebulae, galaxies, quasars, and black holes are part of God's creativity. God's creation is not limited to the bounds of earth, it expands out to everything we know, and even what we don't know yet (like what is dark matter?). For the earth did not come first and then the rest of the universe. No, God created all of it, with earth coming along at some point along the history of the cosmos. In the twinkling of an eye, really, God's eye.

Several weeks ago some of my family visited the Kennedy Space Center on a windy, chilly, rain-soaked day. We live close enough to make a day trip of it (how we were able to coordinate everyone is a mystery to me), and I hadn't been since I was a teenager, so my sense of wonder was opened again. Going with my two nieces and one nephew made me see things through their playful, imaginative eyes. If you read my blog regularly, you know I am endlessly fascinated by the cosmos and astronomy. Not only is it always a realm of possibly discovery, but it is a beauty of God's creation that we get to look up and see from our cosy neighborhoods (we can view with our eyes the moon, planets like Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Saturn, and sometime Mercury, plus innumerable amounts of stars).

We saw the Space Shuttle Atlantis, a full replica of the Hubble Space Telescope, the rocket garden, Mars mission objects including a full replica of the current Mars rover, Perseverance, and the helicopter, Ingenuity, which are both dancing around the Martian soil as I write. Dashing between heavy rain drops, we ate lunch in their large dining hall, watched a couple 3D IMAX films, and let the little ones play in the kids planet zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment