23 February 2022

Winter Raindrops

 


Winter Raindrops

Scattered leaves, verdant, and made of 
a camphor page,
Adorn the roof outside my window.
Glued in place with winter droplets of rain.

The pitter pat of the soft rain, not heavy,
Lest the leaves scuttle if by water fall
From clouds, swept away, no longer steady
Would their clinging be.

But a notion of refreshment accompanies
this gentle rain.
The air is quiet and still, holding the morning
In its embrace - giving the birds, one by one,
A spotlight to sing their refrain.

Daring to go against all popular opinion, I love the soft winter rains, and I won't change my mind about it. It is pure delight to me. Soothing and calming. Providing interest to the day - a little bit of unpredictability never hurt anyone. Perfectly suited for a cup of coffee/tea and some deep reading or writing. I sit my rain-loving self at my desk looking out the window trying to take in all the atmosphere I possibly can, which usually results in me writing a few words, which morphs into a poem of sorts.

Whether you love rain or love when rays of sunshine glimmer across your face, notice those moments that you are graced with and stop to enjoy them. Take a deep breath and let nature soothe you by it being itself, simply doing what it was created to do. Don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong about it. Our own inclinations and the way we were made might need a different kind of atmosphere to feel calm and at peace. Discover what that is for you, if you don't know already, and let yourself indulge in the enjoyment of the simplest of moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment