22 June 2011

Anything is Possible

Am I crazy to dream of things to happen that seem so big or unlikely? Why should I limit myself? With God, anything is possible.

Is it silly of me to picture future events that I so desire to happen? How do I know what processes and preparations are already taking place? Being that I am stuck in time, I can only see what is at the present moment, not what is going to happen in a week, a month, or a year.

God is not in time. He sees the whole picture all at once, which is why our trust should solely lie with His plans. God sees me pondering now and He already sees the plans that are about to unfold. How can I only trust in my plans then? I am ill qualified to make such confident plans. My attitude should be this: with God willing and in His grace, I would like ____ to happen. If it is meant to work and if it is in God's plans for me, then I know God will help make it happen.

Adventure is the champagne of life. - G.K. Chesterton

O spirits of the sky were there
Strange enchantment filled the air
I have seen from each dark cloud
Which in gloom those vales did shroud...
(Charlotte Brontë, 1830)

No comments:

Post a Comment