19 June 2011

An Example Worth Following


An example worth following.
That's my Dad in just a few words.
On this day, I feel privileged to remember my Dad, and the great man that he was. With a pang of sadness in my heart I see others who get to celebrate this day with their Dad. For me, I count it joy to share stories and memories with my family and friends who knew my Dad. So, if you knew him, let's talk soon and share stories. We will surely laugh and I might cry, but it only goes to show how great a man he was.
His love for his four kids was so obvious, because he always talked about us to other people. When I was younger it would annoy me because everyone seemed to know my business, but it was his way of boasting about his kids. I didn't see it then. His pride was not of a conceited nature, but rather the kind of pride that made him swell with love for others. He never hid that pride.

I count myself truly blessed to have had a Dad who did set the good example. I know not everyone has been so privileged. I will always give thanks for my Dad, and remember the way he lived and brought me up. With love.

“he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, as his father David had done” (1 Kings 15:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment