08 February 2012

Doses of Encouragement

We catch light from one another; God models it. We're given the great privilege of helping ignite others lives.
-Natalie Hanson

This quote is from my devotional I read each morning, called Disciplines. It is a good reminder that we have power in our words to others. We can choose to use our light to encourage others so they they, in turn, choose to let their light shine.

Sometimes, someone just needs a little dose of encouragement to get going. That is how I am, certainly. I am pretty self-motivated and independent, but when someone close to me offers some unprovoked words of encouragement, it ignites my fire to take that next challenge or to keep on going through the darkness.

Words chosen carefully and thoughtfully are a treasure for both the giver and receiver of the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment