22 October 2012

The Week Behind

A short visit to meet Mom in Sarasota had lovely weather for us. A stop at the Bayfront Park downtown is always something I like to do. It's one of the prettiest spots in Sarasota with the marina, anchored boats in the bay, and tall downtown buildings right behind you. Lunch at First Watch is a must, and a short walk down Main Street to Parker's used books.
And once I am downtown, a stop at the Selby Library is almost a given. They have a great used bookstore, called Friends of the Library, and I always find good stuff in there (though the store was closed this time).  I don't usually explore upstairs, but I love this space up here because there's lots of light and elevated views of downtown out the big windows.
I have been playing my piano a little bit. It's been a looooong time since I have, and I am amazed how much my fingers remember. I played several songs as if I had practiced them yesterday. It's really relaxing to play, so I want to do this a bit more often.
My favourite place for coffee is definitely Mitchell's downtown. I walk there once a week for lunch and coffee. They have this new maple scotch latte that I tried this week, and it is delicious. I like the maple flavours. It's not as strong as the pumpkin, and I like the subtle taste. I will be getting this again. Or maybe I should try the maple vanilla next time??
One of the books I bought at Parker's in Sarasota is An Experiment in Criticism by C.S. Lewis. This is a rare book (hence the $12 price for a used paperback) that I have never seen and I just started reading it. I  am enjoying it so much because it's about the love of reading and the different kinds of readers. I am sure I will share more about it soon.
I started a new crochet project. 'Tis the season that I start to crochet and knit a lot more. As the weather cools the hook and needles heat up. I will show you the end result soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment