02 October 2015

Leftover Rain Drops


Welcome October!
I am so glad you are here, at last. I long for the falling leaves that you might bring and the chilly air that makes me crave more cups of tea. As I wait, I reflect that I am so deeply blessed exactly where I am, so that is where I begin. 

After a long week of working, studying, dashing to and fro, and struggling to fit too much into too little, here is a short little snippet of a silly poem I wrote earlier this week as I walked downstairs to my car, through the wet grass. These are the kinds of lines that sometimes jettison themselves into my imagination. 

Leftover Raindrops

Leftover rain drops intrude into my shoes,
The morning grass is wet with dew.
Colourful hues breathe deep and sigh,
As clouds of cotton float on by.
Climbing up higher through the day,
Bringing showers of rain drops my way.
Delightfully dense with rain, we rest,
When cosy indoor atmospheres are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment