08 June 2016

O Wisdom


For in God's deep wisdom, He made it so that the world could not even begin to comprehend Him through its own style of wisdom.
 - 1 Corinthians 1.21

O wisdom! That which we strive to attain!

I feel like I have gained a lot of wisdom over time, if I look back at how I was years ago, and years from now I will look back to myself now and think how much I have grown. As I find wisdom, wisdom finds me. Reminding me of all that I need to be grounded in.

Yet there is so much more to gain, that which is not yet attainable. And I will never get close to comprehend God's deep wisdom. If we try to make our own version of wisdom to fit to God's (or expand to encompass) we will be foolish. There is no way to do that. Our own pursuit of wisdom is earthly and cannot reach that which is beyond our grasp, except through God.

Catching glimpses we see come from deep wisdom of God if it is His will to share that in our time.


Sometimes I feel wise, sometimes I am wise, and sometimes I am not wise. There is a difference in each scenario. I come upon struggles within myself as we all do. I tend to overthink, I resist change, I try to be perfect, and I worry about what others think of me (and oh so many more!). These are all things that rise and fall with the tides. Often they cause no trouble, but then I might get caught in one of their traps.

Wisdom finds me and if I listen to the words of truth, I am brought back out of the tumultuous tide.

But wisdom would not be so desirable if it were so easily attainable, and thus my days are not always simple. I wonder about so much and am left with many unanswered questions, but I've come to accept that we cannot fulfill everything by the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment