10 July 2018

Light and Knowledge of Creator


For God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness,"
has shone in our hearts to give the light of the
knowledge of God's glory in the face of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Corinthians 4.6

I am drinking coffee and gazing at my peonies that are slowly opening up. The beauty of nature does move me and make me feel poetic. As I study something of creation, I begin to wonder how one could not believe in God the Creator when one gazes at delicate blooms (in this instance). Would that come to be, so intricate and complex (thousands of different varieties of flowers) if it was not designed and created? I cannot imagine that oops! suddenly we have a peony folks, it just came into being. No, I don't think so. It is a tiny example of the designing Creator who set for His artistic brush onto the blank canvas of our world, and we get to experience it, in a micro and macro sense. All created because He loves us.

I feel it most when I travel (I could go on and on about Iceland, Scotland, England, North Carolina mountains, Mount Rainier, or the Grand Canyon and out west scenes) but even with the tiny things, like a peony I feel it on a small level that I can relate to (I feel so small sometimes). I sense it, I study it, and feel so thankful for the glimpses of glory. We are all custodians of this place in which we live. May we take a moment to think of how it all matters. We are also creations, and are uniquely beautiful. I'll continue to study the beauty of our lives that we get to enjoy here for a short time, ever increasing my knowledge of it and God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment