05 July 2018

Morning Essentials


Morning begins with coffee. Thinking begins with coffee. 

Do you have a regular morning routine?

I love the morning hours. They are quieter, reflective, and offer the clearest thinking-time. Before my mind wakes and begins the races with all that I have to do that day, the morning hours offer some time that I can wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee, read Scripture to start my thoughts in the best direction, and write in my journal.

I patter into my kitchen and flick on the electric kettle to heat some fresh water. After it rolls to a boil, I pour it over the ground coffee (I just ground some whole beans in my grinder) in my french press and let the coffee brew as I munch on my cereal. Then, Scripture, journaling, and coffee drinking ensue. 

I've come to realize over the years that it's the most important part of my day. Without it, I am not as centered. Without it, I feel like I am missing something. Variations of this theme are acceptable. I can be at a coffee shop for it. Or, when traveling, it may be cut into a few bits. But it all boils down to the three essentials - Scripture, Coffee, and Writing.

What are your morning essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment