02 January 2019

A New Volume - Welcome, 2019


The next volume has been taken off of the shelf. A new year with many blank pages to fill. What choices will we make in these coming months? Do the new digits of 2019 mean dramatic changes to you, or the continuation of the good you try to stay true to?

My goal for the new year was to start the year right with a day of books, writing, and soaking it in. I slept in, which is a treat to me, a rarity that I can stay snuggled under covers and not be woken up by an alarm. The morning is quiet expect for a cheerful bird chirping Happy New Year to the neighborhood. I wake up grateful for the cooler air I breathed in. I wake up grateful that I have a day of nothing on the agenda except for my own creative tasks I long for time to indulge in.

I sit with my coffee steaming and reflect in thankfulness for this day. The beginning of January, and a new year. The possibilities that lie ahead could fill all the pages of the book. I am thankful for the beautiful morning light that filters into my home. I awaken to it with a refreshment in my soul. I sit and dwell in it with a thankful heart. 


I hear the birds chirp and I think about how I love to live in a place that has some lovely nature just outside. It may not be a large estate, but a small corner of goodness tucked into the historic neighborhood. Simple and small is my way. I rejoice in the quiet - where sounds of nature are all that I hear. No rush of cars going down the lane, no sirens, no trucks honking out on the main road. I could sit here and listen all day - listen to the wisdom of nature.

I seek more of the simple for this year. Simple time spent with people close to my heart. Sharing my discoveries with others. It is the simple and thoughtful that are the most beautiful things. Indulge in more reading, for a home library is a place of life-long exploration. Holding a consciousness of what I buy and how it is made. Thoughtful and reflective.  Beautiful and simple. Meaning-drenched. Quiet and restorative. A way of life for myself and my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment