29 October 2012

Cheer My Soul

Solemn moments caught me in the winds
shifting wildly around me
rising upward, visiting again;
bringing a memory here and a memory there;
mingling in my mind.
Like jots and tittles, I am keenly aware
of that which I seek and wish to find.
Things close yet so distanced.
If it would all appear clear, it'd be so kind;
to understand what it was that brought me here,
in all the uncertainty that lingers,
taking steps closer to what I hold dear.

When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalm 94.19

Sometimes you just need some cheer, you know? And sometimes a small thing will do that. In this case, the shifting of the weather. It is to my liking. The warmth is being replaced by the gusty winds that bring cooler air. These are the days I cherish in Florida. And when I am outside (which is much more often when this weather visits) I find myself saying little prayers of thanks, remembering that I have no good apart from God. He is the source of all goodness. So, my heart is merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment