31 October 2012

Halloween Treat

This week has brought a treat - cooler weather!!!

Today may be Halloween, the day centered around dressing up in strange costumes and indulging in a huge commercialized candy-fest, but the Florida weather is what I am thinking about. That is the treat I want for Halloween (and maybe some candy corn). The chill is always so short-lived here, so I take it in and try to enjoy it as much as possible when it comes. Many others in the Northeast are not enjoying their weather, as Hurricane Sandy has caused so much damage for the most densely populated area of our country.

But I thought the goodness here should be recorded for I am sure it will be a memory in a few days:

- Things like boots and scarves are happening.
- Things like dry air and straight hair are a daily feature.
- My car is showing temperatures like 45°!
- Long walks outside are enjoyed.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds are being consumed (thanks Ryan and Sam for sharing!)
- Things like this pretty coffee pot are being purchased (on clearance!). I just need a crowd to serve coffee to. Anyone want to come over for coffee?

I am nervous that Florida is teasing me with this weather. Perhaps that is the trick. First the treat, then the trick. Either way, I am absorbing it as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment