07 March 2014

Weekly Snaps

 
Elements of Spring have entered my home. Little bright spots of colour to match the warmer air we have had here. We are still getting little bursts of cooler air every week or so,  which pleases me very much.
 Finished reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. It was written in 1938 but has many elements of a Gothic romance similar to Jane Eyre (published in 1847). It was a good read. Intriguing mystery that kept me hooked to the pages.
At teatime this just kind of happened. I cannot explain it. The biscuits just fell out of the box that way. Then I ate them.
Is it strange that the gloomy, cloudy, rainy day cheered me up and made me smile? It made me want to invent reasons to curl up by a window with a book, or go for a walk (when it wasn't raining). Call me odd....I don't know how to explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment