17 March 2014

A Beach Visit


Down to Venice I went for the weekend. It's been awhile since the last visit. My younger brother and sister-in-law came up for lunch and I got to see them (most likely) for the last time before they move to California.

I should have thought enough to realize that my baby niece would probably be making a trip to the beach, her first real time to play in the sand. I, however, did not think ahead, and was ill prepared for such a beach trip, so I was left to wear my corduroy pants and Minnetonka Moccasins. But it really wasn't too bad. Much more essential were the sunnies to shield my eyes from the bright late afternoon sun.

We went sometime after 5:30 so it wasn't the time of bright, noontime sun. The sky was a perfect velvet blue. We lathered up in sunscreen and I took photos of Elliott's first walk along the water's edge with her daddy and then play in the sand with her parents. At first, she was tentative with the sand, but soon was sitting on her knees playing happily. I know I am completely bias, but she is the cutest little baby, always smiling, giggling, or doing something cute. Of course, I am her aunt, so I get to say stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment