25 November 2014

You Are Enough


Just in case you were wondering -- you are enough. You don't have to be more than you. God has made you with the specifications that He desires. To put you to use for good in this broken world. You do not need anyone to change you and you don't have to wait or try to improve yourself in some way to be a part of something good.

I am gently reminded of this oftentimes in the quiet place of my soul when I am part of things that are much bigger than me. Rather than feel swallowed up by the enormity of the operation, I feel blessed to be a part of something that is bringing good things to the world and perhaps shining a light on God and His goodness.


My job, for example. I am just a tiny piece of the larger company, and part of one small office where I am behind the scenes. While I do not directly see the impact we are making on the financial and spiritual lives of the doctors we work with, my talents and gifts are being put to use in a way that serves others. I am particularly thankful for my boss who shares stories with me about clients and the impact we are having. I am constant in my pursuit of learning more and desire to become even more entrenched in the business, but I know that I was brought in because of who I already am. I am enough.

My church is another example. I am part of a large church in town, where I know a few people in the perspective of the thousands of members. I help in a tiny way by volunteering at the bookstore every Wednesday and have gotten to know a good number of people by working with them. A new three-story building was just completed, with classrooms for all ages, a gorgeous courtyard with a fountain, and the bookstore, just off the courtyard. The new bookstore space has a cafe and coffee counter attached and it is in viewing distance of the whole first floor so I am getting to see and meet more people as they wander in. It is a challenge for my introverted self to be a cashier in a shop, but my knowledge of books and authors comes in handy when people come in looking for a particular book and I enjoy helping others, making coffee, and alphabetizing bookshelves. I am enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment