15 October 2015

October Accomplishments

Accomplishment 1 - Florida has cooled down on a few occasions to where the temperatures dropped into the 60s! Lovely! I wish it would stick around, but I will take what I can get. It has been nicer late in the evenings, that I have been able to turn off my a/c. That's a big accomplishment!


Accomplishment 2 - Elliott came over to visit. I love getting to see my niece. She immediately sat down at my piano and played and sang for awhile. She is a two year old with bounds of energy and curiosity. She cannot use much energy up in my tiny home, so she talks and wants you to read her stories from books she will hand you from my table. I don't have a very kid-friendly home (I tend to have breakable things within the reach of little arms), so the book reading is a good idea.

Accomplishment 3 - I made my very first pour over coffee at the office. Colin brought in a lovely glass set and allowed me to practice my first pour over! I am no barista, but it was fun to be able to practice, and it is fun to try something new. Now I know how to make better coffee next time.

Accomplishment 4 - I finished reading a book. This is usually not a big accomplishment, but due to the hours of studying I have been doing every night and every weekend, it feels like a big accomplishment to finish a book. I am dreaming of a reading holiday, where I can read for hours on end.

Accomplishment 5 - I passed the Series 7 securities licensing exam! This is me, right after I finished the exam, holding the printout that shows my passing score, and I am so exhausted, I cannot even smile fully, apparently. That was the biggest smile I could manage after an all-day exam. Now, it is on to studying for part two. It's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment