29 November 2018

Daydream Interlude





I am going to take you on a journey for the next few minutes. We shall take a little daydream interlude to Oxford, England. It is the place I go frequently in real life and in my head. Oxford is always in my head, let's be honest. We will fly over the most beautiful city to see the dreaming spires that rise into the sky. I will point out the chapels, churches, and libraries. They all are part of the landscape of the city. They hold memories of time and history.

Next I will take you to ground level, because that's the best way to get to know a city. Walk all the streets and small side roads that carry more foot traffic and bike traffic than anything. Pass all the colleges and their grand entrances with big wooden doors that creak when you open them. There's a lot to see and stand in awe of. Be careful on the cobbled streets, they are a bit uneven. You will likely hear all the bells of the colleges and chapels as we wander. It's magical.


Bits and pieces of history can be told about the buildings, the streets, the people who came before us. Centuries of it is at our fingertips. I will be sure to point out many C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien connections/places that hold some interesting stories. Harry Potter, too. Don't worry about getting too tired. We will stop at a great place for tea, and a snack. It may even be the cafe at the Weston Library, which has views of the library and the Sheldonian Theatre across the street. It's a wonderful people-watching spot. It's also where I will take a little time to write in my journal as the buzz of the cafe continue around me. As tea cups clink on saucers, we will enjoy some musing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment