13 May 2012

From a Daughter's Perspective

Not being a mom myself, I can only articulate my mother's day thoughts with a perspective of a daughter. From a daughter's perspective, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness to have such a caring, loving mom in my life. A mother's love is so deep, I think it is not fully understood unless you are a mom. It will remain elusive until I am a mom. Until then, I will be the daughter surrounded in a warm, comforting blanket that mom is.

Moms want their kids to reach for their dreams, and help us along the way. Moms foster and encourage dreams, using our talents, and learning.
Mom helped me write my first story. I must have been 4 or 5 years old, and I wanted to write a book. What else would I want to do at 4 or 5 years old?
I didn't know how to write, yet, so I dictated the story to mom and she wrote it out in her flowing, graceful handwriting. I was the illustrator. Drawing pictures that set the scene so well (complete with crayon drawings). The story was about a girl who lost her pumpkin, and all that she went through to locate her pumpkin before Halloween. It's a suspenseful story. You never know what is going to happen! Ok, not really. I did not develop my plot very well.
I still have that handmade book, somewhere. I should dig that out.

So, thank you, mom, for always encouraging my love of writing. Even from before I could write. You helped harness something in me that continued to grow and pour out of me. God has blessed me, indeed, with my mom.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment