03 May 2012

Grounded

How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
-"Ulysses", Alfred, Lord Tennyson

My attempt to fly was grounded again
Stopped by the forces behind the wind
So I skid on the ground and scrape my knee
Early eagerness accelerated me to high speed
Moving toward the mirage I had created
It's funny how visions are never belated
When in pursuit of a dream so dear
We pray for God to say, all clear
Believing He placed the dream inside me
Along with necessary tools for the journey
So each time I am grounded, I wince
With my heart battered, but ever since
I learned to place my flight in the hands
Of the insuperable, who rules all lands
Though my desire only grows,
Being rooted in Him, who knows,
An instantaneous understanding envelopes me
With an odd sense of feeling free

No comments:

Post a Comment