23 May 2012

Cool Spots of Oxford

Here is a spot in Oxford, England you wouldn't expect me to blog about. A McDonald's restaurant. Hip. Modern. Two floors. It's crowded at lunchtime because it's located on Cornmarket Street, which is a pedestrian-only street with lots of cafes and shops.

Hey, when you splurge a little bit on a few nights at the Randolph MacDonald Hotel in Oxford, you're going to have to save some cash here and there, and get a quick burger at the Golden Arches. That's why, for the other nights, my Mum and I stayed in campus housing, in a building by the Continuing Education Department, and even that was a beautiful building. But the room was just a basic dorm-style room.

Since I tend to focus most of my attention on the historic places of Oxford (why wouldn't you want to see the Bodleian Library in several angles??), I am showing this as proof that Oxford has a few other things and is modern, too. I shopped in the Waterstones Bookstore (England's version of Barnes & Noble), ate at Jamie's Italian (Jamie Oliver's first restaurant), and took pictures of BMWs, like a cool Touring 320d BMW. See? I can pay attention to things in Oxford that are not steeped in history, 12th century architecture, or books......But only for a moment.



Oxford on-campus housing, where we stayed to save £
The Randolph, where we stayed and did not save £, but loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment