29 May 2012

Restless

Why am I so restless?
Could it be that after such a good weekend it is a little bit challenging to wake up early and go to the office all day? Or that I feel like I didn't sleep at all last night? Or that I had strange dreams?

And yet, deep down, I am whole, and I know I can rest in God's arms. I know I am loved and none of the annoying stuff that might come along will get to me if I let God rule my heart. When I give Him the totality of my heart's desires, joys, and wistful thoughts as well as the darkness, sadness, and annoyed thoughts I can rest fully in Him. Knowing it is because I freely gave myself away. Isn't it strange that the only way to truly feel whole is to give yourself fully to God?

Another paradox.
Another layer of mystery.
Jesus always did things that to us, seem backwards, like loving the weak, the poor, and all those outcasts that nobody liked. Saying that blessed are the meek (not the strong), and how it is they that will inherit the earth.

So, instead of feeling restless, I can rest fully in God's love.

Soundtrack I keep hearing in my head as I write this post- Click here for Audrey Assad's song, Restless.

No comments:

Post a Comment