17 June 2015

Fitting A Lot Into A Little


It's one of those mornings where I have to fit 25 different things (errands, chores, tasks) into a very short amount of time. It's one of those weeks where every hour is filled with important things that must get done. The feeling of being stretched thin comes to mind. I can hear Bilbo Baggins in my head saying he feels like butter being scraped over too much bread.

But that only make me hungry.

I have been going, going, going at work and outside of work. Sometimes it becomes so much of my subconscious, I have dreams about it. And I have had some strange dreams lately. I wake up in the midst of one, stranger than the previous night's and as I stand up and make my bed in the morning, I think about it and why on earth I would have had a dream like that. But as I make coffee, it is already fading away to the back recesses of my mind.

Are we given too much to handle? I don't think so. I think God equips us with what we need to get it done. We may not choose to see that, but He is still there. I may feel overwhelmed sometimes with work, studying, and all the things that need to get done once I leave work, but it is temporary. It waxes and wanes each week like the moon. Always shifting and changing with schedules and plans. It won't last forever. Relief will come, and it may be unexpected. It may be a welcomed burst of rain on a hot, dry day. Like all the days we've been encountering lately.


At the end of the day, I glance out my window at the sunset and stand there for a moment. 
A pause.
To appreciate the work of creation that our Creator displays. It is a beautiful sky we live underneath, is it not? It is different each day, but it is always built upon the days of old. The beauty and creativity of our Creator lives inside of us, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment