10 June 2015

The Book of Oxford





Collected and compiled into a small, square book are some of my favourite photographs from my recent stay in Oxford. I open up the book and flip the first page and I am back at Lincoln College, looking outside the windows toward the library. Then, I am walking back to Turl Street Kitchen, where I will be drinking endless cups of cappuccinos. 

I will gladly walk these streets of Oxford again, and I can do that easily with this little book I made. And I can also let you walk the streets, in a sense. Use your imagination, okay?

I wanted to make a little book of photos to pull out of my bag and show people, and I am so impressed with the quality of the paper and the images, especially the colour. I will happily share my delight in the loveliness of the book. My book of Oxford. 

There is something special about the tangible photo. I've always loved a handheld memory that you can easily show someone, or tuck into a book as a bookmark. This book is what I can tuck into my bag and bring along with me.

If you are thinking about making a photo book, or some prints, consider Artifact Uprising. They make some beautiful prints. All these photos were from my iPhone. I imagine an SLR would produce something even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment