For us the winds do blow,
The earth doth rest, heav'n move, and fountains flow,
Nothing we see, but means our good,
As our delight, or as our treasure:
The whole is, either our cupboard of food,
Or cabinet of pleasure.
- George Herbert
This month is particularly special to me. Here are some reasons why January is my very favourite:
- Winter is here, and all the lovely things that come along with the season
- I take long walks outside and breathe in the crisp air
- I get to celebrate some special birthdays
- I get to celebrate my birthday multiple times with family and friends
- I pull winter clothes out of my closet; they see the light of day!
- Making outfits with layers is much more fun, and I get to use more of my wardrobe
- Hot beverages are more frequently drunk (coffee and tea all day)
- More time with family and friends makes me smile more often
- The prettiest flowers come into season (tulips)
- I travel to St. Louis for work (and it could snow!)
- I bundle up with scarves, sweaters, and boots here in the south
- Dreams of future travel begin to dance about in my head
- The air feels refreshing, like the atmosphere is washed clean
- Snuggling on my sofa with a warm blanket and book is one of the best activities
- I look ahead with hope at the year ahead
What brings you joy this January?