11 January 2016

Wintry Moods




Slate grey sky, a darkling scene
Within this delicate morning chill
Soft light grows feelings serene


I now present the grey, wintry start to each morning. The days I long for. Where bundling up is necessary. Grab your jacket and scarf because it might be wintry out there. It's no somber scene to me. The frosted, chilled windows is a lovely start with cold air that will slowly warm a little bit this afternoon. The winter winds have died down, but the morning is still grey-hued filled with vast expanses of chunky clouds. Like a blanket of the morning. Like the one draped over my legs. I sit here drinking coffee with a great feeling of thanks for this day, the weather, the reading I have been able to do, and this amazing interview I have been listening to (along with the subsequent interviews).

I finished reading the book of advent poems and readings, which goes through Epiphany. Epiphany can easily be overlooked, as the new year begins and life drives forward quickly. It is when the magi visit Jesus. That event brings the world into the joy of Christ, including all nations and races. I really like the reminder of the magi visit, and it should be a more widely celebrated event in our country. I have been reflecting on that latley, and how all pieces of the Christmas story extend out into every month thereafter, and by that extension every single day.

Grey chilled sky and air
Wintry winds shake leaves,
fallen, they dance upon the ground,
as we dash to and fro,
our days full of busy-ness.
We will possibly miss the scene before
our eyes can see the glory
of the brilliant winter morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment