14 April 2012

Weekend Stretch

Oh, to be in England,
Now that April's there,
And whoever wakes in England
Sees, some morning, unaware,
That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf
Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf,
While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough
In England- now!
-Robert Browning, Home Thoughts, from Abroad

It's the weekend, which means my mind can stretch. It can stretch overseas to a far off place called England, perhaps even a specific location such as Oxford. Why not? I feel the same longing as the poet, Robert Browning. Oh to be in England!

And now that it's the weekend I can let my thoughts expand across these pages (or this electronic blog post) as I reflect on matters that sadly don't get proper attention most days. Such as this low humidity (bliss!) or my trip to Savannah next week or all the ideas I have crammed into spaces in my mind for writings.

Gladly, this week I have taken several escapes to the coffee shop next door to my office to enjoy an iced chai latte with soy milk, where I occupied a table, got out my journal, and wrote furiously. It was like I had just learned how to be creative and write my thoughts! My hand just couldn't stop writing for many pages!
So, enjoy the weekend. Do something you love. After being confined all week, stretch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment