25 April 2012

Back Home


One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.

-Michael Korda, British-American writer

I have been on the go a little bit these past few weeks. I come back from my road trip and cannot focus at work. Being forced to sit at a desk and work with data spreadsheets and loan paperwork is just not going along with my adventurous and travel-ready attitude that I have been indulging and wish to continue indulging.

I must say that it is nice to come back to my little home, though. I can do some serious reading and thinking here. I am welcomed back to town by surprisingly chilly weather, too. Being so late in April, this cool air is almost unheard of, and I think it's perfect! I sat outside in Munn Park during my whole lunch break writing and reading poetry. Even though I was wearing a light sweater & scarf I was a bit chilled! To me, that is bliss. Everyone else was sitting in the sun, but I always pick the shade (it's a redhead requirement).

I haven't had time to reflect and write too much about my road trip, yet, so hopefully this week and weekend I will be able to collect the stories and thoughts in my head and pour it all into my journal, and by extension, some fun posts here.

Today, I just want to enjoy the weather and take a breather after my trip. But not for too long. My mind is crowded with ideas for writing, reading, and being creative. I've got lots of fun photos from my trip, many of which I have been posting on Instagram (follow me if you have Instagram- muddymusings).
 I would be ready for another trip in about a week or two. Where next? I've got more than a few ideas....

No comments:

Post a Comment